Neck Rejuvenation in Montclair
Although concerns about the face get the majority of the attention, aging also has a significant impact on your neck. Wrinkles, bands, the dreaded “turkey neck,” and even a double chin may form as you get older and go through changes.
At New Jersey Plastic Surgery, our surgeons and cosmetic staff offer multiple solutions for lifting and revitalizing the appearance of your neck. The best treatment options will depend on your needs and goals.
Contact New Jersey Plastic Surgery by calling 973-509-2000 to schedule your initial neck rejuvenation consultation. Our team serves patients in Montclair, Clifton, Newark, all of New Jersey, and beyond.
Neck Lift Surgery
The neck lift is a surgical procedure that addresses common signs of aging. These issues include:
- Jowls caused by sagging of the cheeks and chin
- Excess submental fat (i.e., fat forming below the chin)
- Skin laxity of the neck
- Prominent lines caused by stretching and sagging of muscles in the neck
Neck lift surgery is often performed in conjunction with a facelift. After all, your face and neck represent a continuum; refreshing both areas results in an overall improvement to your facial features.
The exact placement of the incisions will depend on whether or not you choose to undergo a combined facelift and neck lift or focus exclusively on the neck. During the procedure, the surgeon will remove excess fat, tighten the muscles, and revise the skin so it is taut.
The results of neck lift surgery are permanent, although the skin and internal structures will continue to change with age, sun exposure, and other natural processes. To maintain your results, our plastic surgeons may recommend complementary treatment with our non-surgical services.
Non-Surgical Treatments for the Neck
Advances in cosmetic medicine and technology make it possible to achieve results similar to a neck lift without undergoing an invasive procedure. Dr. Barry DiBernardo stands at the vanguard of state-of-the-art aesthetics, and he has added a broad selection of advanced treatments for the face and neck to our repertoire at New Jersey Plastic Surgery.
Our options for non-surgical neck rejuvenation include:
- Necklase: A laser treatment specifically designed to reduce wrinkles and fine lines and resurface the skin on the neck.
- Laser skin treatments: Our other lasers are effective just about anywhere on the body, including the neck. These options include HALO by Sciton,
- Skincare products: Our office in Montclair, New Jersey, carries multiple proven, medical-grade skin care lines, with products from DefenAge, ZO Skin Health, U.SK Under Skin, and more.
- HydraFacial: This facial treatment has anti-aging and skin rejuvenation benefits for the neck and face.
- Radio frequency (RF) treatments: New Jersey Plastic Surgery has added leading technologies from InMode (FaceTite, AccuTite, EmbraceRF) and Thermi (ThermiTight, ThermiRase) to provide next-level anti-aging and skin rejuvenation through precisely administered radio frequency energy.
- Microneedling: The Morpheus 8 by InMode is a state-of-the-art microneedling system that rejuvenates the skin and remodels underlying tissue through RF energy. It can be used to address jowls and other issues of the face and neck.
The team at New Jersey Plastic Surgery includes a medical aesthetician and nurse injector. In collaboration with our plastic surgeons, these staff members can help you understand your full range of options for in-office neck rejuvenation, plus products you can take home for daily use!
Another option is the Ellevate neck lift technique. Innovative ICLED technology enables our plastic surgeons to perform less invasive neck rejuvenation using a light-guided suture delivery system. The LED illuminates internal structures in the neck, minimizing the tissue affected by the procedure and enabling faster completion times.
Kybella for Neck Lift
For many years, invasive surgery was the only option to remove fat beneath the chin and contour the jaw line. Now, Kybella can achieve similar results without surgery.
Kybella is an FDA-approved injectable for reducing double chin fat. It dissolves fat cells, with optimal results generally becoming visible after six treatment sessions.
Selfies make everybody self-conscious about the way they look from previously un-thought of angles. Kybella makes it possible to look great in impromptu photos without lengthy recovery or downtime.
Discover Your Neck Rejuvenation Options Today
Dr. DiBernardo is a celebrated photographer as well as a revered plastic surgeon. He understands the importance of proportion when it comes to the face and neck, and applies this principle to the personalized treatments we provide our patients.
To find out which cosmetic neck procedure is right for you, please call 973-509-2000 to schedule your initial consultation with our board-certified plastic surgeons. New Jersey Plastic Surgery provides world-class care to patients in and around Montclair, Clifton, Newark, and beyond.