Eventually, we all begin to exhibit signs of facial aging. This may involve the appearance of fine lines, deep wrinkles, jowls, lost facial volume or sagging skin. Fortunately, there are solutions to help you reverse these signs of aging and restore a more youthful appearance. One of the most effective ways to achieve your goals is with a facelift.
A facelift delivers comprehensive rejuvenation of the face and neck which can take as much as 10-15 years off of your appearance. While there are many nonsurgical anti-aging treatments available, none of them compare to a facelift in its ability to deliver truly customized, long-lasting results.
Dr. Barry DiBernardo is a board-certified plastic surgeon with nearly two decades of experience performing facelifts. You can find out if you’re a facelift candidate and receive individualized treatment recommendations by speaking with Dr. DiBernardo in person.
Please call 973-574-3645 today to schedule a facelift consultation. We serve patients in Montclair, Clifton, Newark and the surrounding areas of New Jersey.
What Can a Facelift Address?
A facelift can provide a wide range of facial rejuvenation benefits throughout the middle and lower portions of your face, as well as your neck. The procedure can address:
- Nasolabial folds (lines extending from the nose to the corners of the mouth)
- Marionette lines (lines extending from the corners of your mouth to your chin)
- Deep facial creases
- Sagging facial skin and muscles
- Sagging in the mid-face region
- Hollows underneath the eyes
- Fallen fat and tissue
- Deep facial folds around the mouth
- Banding in the neck region
- The appearance of a double chin
Nonsurgical facial rejuvenation solutions can temporarily improve the appearance of wrinkles and restore lost facial volume. However, these treatments don’t address sagging tissue, which is crucial to reverse many of the signs of aging listed above. Only a facelift is able to target this sagging tissue for comprehensive rejuvenation benefits.
Am I a Facelift Candidate?
Ideal facelift candidates:
- Are in good overall health
- Have realistic expectations for the outcome of their procedure
- Are interested in correcting any of the signs of facial aging listed above
- Prefer a truly customized, long-lasting solution to their facial rejuvenation goals
- Are nonsmokers or are willing to quit smoking prior to surgery and throughout the facelift recovery period
Keep in mind that a facelift doesn’t address signs of aging around the eyes or forehead. If this is your primary area of concern, Dr. DiBernardo may recommend one of the following procedures to achieve your desired outcome:
- Eyelid surgery
- Brow lift
If your primary goals are to eliminate jowls or banding in the neck region, Dr. DiBernardo may recommend a neck lift for enhanced results.
Your Facelift Procedure
Dr. DiBernardo will customize your facelift to address the specific signs of aging you would like to correct. He will carefully evaluate your facial features in order to deliver results that complement these attributes, helping you look like a younger version of yourself.
For truly comprehensive facial rejuvenation results, Dr. DiBernardo typically recommends a full facelift. This procedure is performed on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia and involves the following process:
- An incision is made at the hairline by the temple that extends behind the ear and to the lower scalp
- Excess skin is removed
- Supporting muscle and deep tissue layers are tightened
- Remaining skin is tightened
- Incisions are closed with sutures
We encourage you to view our before and after photos to see the results that can be achieved with a facelift.
If you’re only experiencing the early signs of aging, you may not require a full facelift to achieve your desired outcome. In these situations, Dr. DiBernardo may recommend a mini facelit. This procedure is generally performed on an outpatient basis using local anesthesia and a mild sedative.
The mini facelift technique involves the following process:
- Short incisions are made in front of and behind the ears
- Excess, sagging skin is removed
- Underlying support layers of the face and neck are tightened
- Incisions are closed using sutures
This approach results in a shorter scar and a shorter recovery.
Contact our Montclair Plastic Surgeon
Please contact New Jersey Plastic Surgery using the form on this page or call 973-574-3645 today to schedule a facelift consultation. We serve patients in Montclair, Clifton, Newark and throughout New Jersey. We also see visitors throughout the country and from around the world.