Women who wish to increase the size and shape of their breasts can do so with a breast augmentation. The award-winning team at New Jersey Plastic Surgery, located in Montclair, has performed hundreds of boob jobs on patients who reside in Morristown, Bloomfield, and Essex County.
What is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation, commonly referred to as a boob job, is a surgical procedure that increases the size, shape, or fullness of the breasts by use of implants. The types of implants used and the size and volume of them will vary from patient to patient depending on the desired outcome and your doctor’s recommendations. New Jersey Plastic Surgery offers a variety of implant options, including Cohesive Gel Breast Implants. Our doctors’ expertise and knowledge combined with our state-of-the-art Vectra 3D Imaging Software can help you get a more comprehensive understanding of the expected results based on your body shape, size, and other related factors.
Benefits of Breast Augmentation
Women who have breasts that are naturally small or disproportionate have found that the addition of breast implants has given them increased self-esteem, as well as a more attractive and proportionate figure. Breast implants can be used to correct breasts that are uneven or have lost mass and volume following pregnancy or weight loss. When combined with other procedures such as a breast lift or tummy tuck, you can completely rejuvenate your appearance! During your personalized consultation, one of the expert doctors at New Jersey Plastic Surgery will listen to your requests and desires. He will explain the expected outcome as based on your particular body type and the choice of implants that best suits you.
The Best Candidates for Breast Augmentation
Patients 18 years of age and older, in general good health are suitable candidates for breast augmentation surgery. Individuals who are unhappy with their current breasts shape or size may benefit from undergoing this simple procedure. If you find you have any of the following characteristics, this surgery may be beneficial for you:
- Breasts that you feel are too small, or you would like to be larger or fuller
- Breasts that have changed in size or mass due to weight fluctuations or pregnancy
- You are unhappy with the current appearance of your breasts
- Your breasts are noticeably uneven or disproportionate to your body
Types of Breast Implants Available
The types of implants available are silicone and saline-filled implants. Within this, there are numerous types and brands available, and with the ever-evolving technology and research being done, many new options are constantly being developed to give you more natural-looking options. All implants are comprised of a silicone shell and are filled with different materials depending on the patient and doctor’s choice. At New Jersey Plastic Surgery, we offer traditional silicone and saline implants, as well as revolutionary Cohesive Gel breast implants. Each has its advantages and benefits, and you and the doctor can help decide which is best for your body.
- Silicone Breast Implants: These implants are the most commonly used choice for breast implants, as they have been FDA-approved for use in breast augmentation surgery. These implants are filled with a soft, elastic gel and feel the most natural. Silicone implants often require a larger incision because these are implanted pre-filled, unlike saline implants.
- Saline Breast Implants: A common choice for women having their first augmentation, saline implants are comprised of a silicone shell filled with a harmless salt-water solution. The implant is placed in the patient first, and then, using a tubing system, Dr. DiBernardo fills each breast with the appropriate amount of saline.
- Cohesive Gel Breast Implants: The latest in breast augmentation technology. The silicone-based implant varies slightly from other implants because of its increased ability to hold its shape while maintaining a soft, supple feel. They are an ideal option for women who are undergoing a replacement augmentation or reconstructive surgery. Women who wish for implants with a more natural consistency and feel should consider Cohesive Gel Breast Implants.
What is Vectra 3D Imaging Software?
This revolutionary software allows patients to have a detailed and more precise look at the expected results of their breast augmentation and enhancement surgery. The Vectra program takes six simultaneous pictures of your body from various angles. From that, a 3D image is created, and a “ghost image” can be overlaid to give you the illusion of looking at the final result on your body. The software takes into consideration various aspects about your unique frame and build, as well as your expected implant shape and size to give you a visual approximation of the desired outcome. Find out more here.
Planning Your Breast Augmentation Surgery
It is important to have realistic expectations before having this surgery. During your consultation, one of our experienced plastic surgeons will honestly discuss your options with you. Be sure to voice any questions, concerns, or requests at this time. Talk freely with your doctor regarding medication, vitamins, drinking, and smoking.
Preparing for Your Breast Augmentation Surgery
Once you have scheduled your surgery, you will be given a list to instructions and recommendations to follow. This will include behavior related to eating, drinking, smoking, and strenuous activity. You will have to arrange for someone to pick you up from your surgery and, if necessary, assist you with household tasks a few days following the procedure.
Getting Back to Normal Following Breast Augmentation Surgery
You will be restricted from partaking in certain activities, tasks, and movements following the surgery. Depending on the level of activity required for your profession, you will be able to return to work within a week. A constrictive bra or top will be given to you by to doctor to help minimize movement. Medication may be prescribed to help manage pain following the procedure. The results will become visible within a few weeks, and will continue to improve as the swelling reduces over the next couple months.
Cost of Breast Augmentation in Montclair, NJ
The cost of breast augmentation varies greatly from patient to patient because of the techniques and procedures involved. This is considered an elective surgery and is often not covered by health insurance companies. New Jersey Plastic Surgery offers a multitude of convenient payment options including cash, check, Visa®, Master®Card, American Express, and Discover®. Financing options are available via CareCredit® and AlphaeonTM.
Patients who wish to enhance the size and shape of their breasts through a breast augmentation are invited to contact New Jersey Plastic Surgery to schedule their personalized consultation. We are located in Montclair, New Jersey and provide expert service and care to women in Essex, Bloomfield, Morristown and the surrounding counties.